New Year, New Goals

Twenty-twelve.
2012.
Two Thousand Twelve.
It's here! I can't believe how fast this past year has flown by!!
Over the past year, my life has changed.
My life has also stayed the same.
It blows my mind how both of those statements can be perfectly true.
Seven months ago I embraced my alter ego, (I sound crazy, don't I??) The Pretend Photographer, and discovered the joy that taking pictures of beautiful things and people gives me.
I absolutely have to thank my family for the awesome support(my mom who is my assistant, my dad who is my business advisor, Oh, Breanna for being my #1 fan... And Britney{the bestest model, next to Henrik}, Zane, Zach, and Zeth for not hating me for always putting my camera in their face.) and the Caldwell family for giving this pretender a chance in the beginning. You've helped create a picture taking monster!!
I know I have come a lonngg way, but I'm still not the best, nor as good as I wish to be.
To help me become greater, I've written out goals or "resolutions" for this year.

Twelve Photography Goals for Twenty-twelve:

1. Bring my camera EVERYWHERE. I normally have at least one camera on me, but I need to make it more of a habit.
(^Yes, I will be putting notes with the goals.^)

2. Take an amazing picture each week. One I cannot live without!

3. Shoot in every lighting situation. How else will I learn?!

4. Design and print business cards. Spreading the word yo.

5. Use back light to my advantage more often. It can be SOoooOOo beautiful!

6. Take a photography class. Even though it makes me nervous just thinking about this!

7. Read my camera's manual. Yes, I'm a slacker....

8. Take pictures so well that I only have to tweak little things on Photoshop.

9. Stop comparing my work to other's. It can be a real killjoy! I'm already my own worst critic.

10. Get an official site! My own URL :) I still love you, dear blog.

11. Make a portfolio. Ahh dreams...
AND
#12
Drum roll, please!!


12. Don't lose the fun of photography! Remember why I love it so.

So, now you know my goals for the year =)

<3 Bronwyn Elizabeth